Words Falling Slow

*** Warning! ***
Some posts discuss self-injury
and may contain trigger material

10.06.2006

Something, someone

There is something happening
I knew sitting on the platform
feeling the air moving
ahead of the train

There is something pushing
I realized walking home
feeling the heat pouring
off of brick buildings

There is something growing
I sensed standing at the gate
feeling the lie slipping
out of my mouth

There is someone hiding
I guessed under the streetlight
feeling the tears rising
up from the shadows

***
The first two stanzas are based on real experiences, one sitting in a MARTA station Saturday afternoon, the second walking back to my car after a late evening meeting on campus yesterday. The second two just developed from the rhythm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.