Words Falling Slow

*** Warning! ***
Some posts discuss self-injury
and may contain trigger material

10.04.2006

Birthday thoughts

Sometimes, on chilly mornings
like today
I imagine you sitting with me
cups of coffee warming our hands
shoulder to shoulder
watching the sunrise paint the clouds
listening to the peculiar song that is
the world waking up around us
knowing you,
at least as well as I could get to know you,
that your eyelids would be flagging
wishing that you were nestled
still and warm in bed
that you are only up this early
to be with me
and how I wish
that hadn’t been taken from us

***
Happy birthday, Momma. I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.