Words Falling Slow

*** Warning! ***
Some posts discuss self-injury
and may contain trigger material

9.23.2006

Forever

Hazy humid heat
endless highway
sun beating
sun beating
sun beating
down.

I'm driving
no one is riding
this is forever,
this highway is forever.

Brilliant colored clouds
gentle breeze
sun falling
sun falling
sun falling
down.

I'm walking
never arriving
this is forever,
this road is forever.

Purple twilight
stars shining
lay me
lay me
lay me
down.

I'm dreaming
love ain't for keeping
this is forever,
this sleep is forever.


***
This is one of my most under-appreciated pieces. I know it's very simple, but I really like the rythm, it's almost hypnotic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.