Words Falling Slow

*** Warning! ***
Some posts discuss self-injury
and may contain trigger material

9.19.2006

Morning Prayer

In morning’s quiet stillness
the singing birds
call me to prayer
contemplating
life scattered around me
puzzle pieces and playing cards
while I look for patterns and edges
thinking I can solve the riddle
mistakenly
seeking comfort in the understanding
that is mostly illusion
closer, my God, to Thee
eyes closed, breathing deeply
consciousness expanding
seeking quiet places inside
where I might hear your voice
stiff legs and back pull me
out of my escape
back to the “real” world
in the grey light of morning
where my simple mind
darts hyperactively
analyzing the faces of
feeling the edges of
puzzle pieces and playing cards
that are but are not
while coffee steam and cigarette smoke
rise like incense from the altar
of my morning sacraments



***
I am so glad I quit smoking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.